31 January, 2009

"I did it all with a kid" she says

I really hate to b!tch about my friends, especially when it the only one I have in this area. But here goes.
Stupid day at the park for the stupid FSG. (Well thats what I get for being a board memeber) The president of the board says if the same people who always show are the only ones to show up then we can leave. So after an hour, 4 board members and 2 non board members later, I leave. My friend asks if I'm leaving just to go home and do homework, I say "yeah, i have 17 pages left in one chapter for a class, a chapter I have to read for another class, a paper due tuesday another due thursday in english, and two sections of math" her comment "I did it all with a kid"
Okay so yeah her classes might have been hard, but she didnt take english, she didnt have to write any papers, she had friends and a husband all of which willing to help out with her kid so she can go to class AND do her homework. But whatever, it doesnt bother me that she says it. What bothers me is the WAY she says it. Like doing it all with a kid makes her better then me. Gee, I'm sorry, I've been out of school since may 06. This is her second year or third year of college. So yeah, she struggled doing it with a kid, but not only do i have to struggle with all the papers and other nonsense I have for classes, but I have to struggle to get back into the rythme of being in school again! Not to mention on top of doing school work, I have to do 18 hrs hours as an "observer" in a real class. Which isnt bad since I dont have college classes on Fridays, thats when I do them. But fridays used to be my school work/chores around the house day, now I have to do it all on saturdays so no I cant waste time at a park with three people who have kids and two people who each have one on the way. Besides people without a kid (man or woman) at a park that has a bunch of kids running around it, seriously just look weird. So excuss me if I dont want to spend my free time there.

2 comments:

  1. I know she's your friend and everything but that was an insanely bitchy thing to say.

    ReplyDelete