02 March, 2009

Yeah this ones for you too

Older wives, the ones who have been doing this life style alot longer, say the civi friends keep military wives grounded and sane. And they say to keep as many civi friends from before as possible because even though they dont understand this lifestyle, they understand you as a person. Right, so I decided to look back (from before I was a military wife) and see how many friends I had. And then I looked at how many friends I have now that are non-military related friends, or civi friends of the husbands. And I counted ::drum roll:: two. Yup two. Two friends who never found a reason for me to not be in this life stlye, two friends that never questioned it, two friends that have been there (even though they are both for hours away and one has a way hectic life and the other is in jail but hes a whole other story i wont share). There have only been two friends who over the past year and half of my marriage, have never failed me. And although, there is one friend I thought wouldnt fail me, it doesnt surprise me that she has. So it comes down to, how sane and grounded can I stay with only two civi friends while my husband is gone for any amount of time.... The answer is incerdibly sane and grounded. I survived my first deployment with other military wives. Wives who could keep me active, but couldnt keep my mind from wonder. But I have the greatest civi friends. I could vent, and cry, and ramble on about nothing to the both of them. Neither tried to understand it, neither said they did either. But they listened. And although at one point I had alot of non-military-related friends, I now only count on two. Two who I know no matter the amount of distance that is put between us, they will always let me vent and cry and ramble. And although they might not be able to pysically be there to dry my tears when I cant hold back, they can pick me up with a few simple words, and they can keep me sane. And they are the two friends who know 'nothing' always means 'something' but they never pry.

And for that, I love them. Plus, I reached a point a while ago where those two stopped being my friends and became my family. And for them, I am gratefull.

2 comments: